Donovan gains Democrat nods for 5th Congressional District seat
Published Feb 3, 2012
From The New Britain Herald
If Chris Donovan’s endorsement Wednesday by two state Democrats had a theme, it might be that experience as a community organizer can lead to political success.
Like President Barack Obama, House Speaker Christopher Donovan began as a community organizer — a biographical footnote not lost on supporters of Donovan’s bid for the Democratic nomination for the 5th Congressional District seat.
Mayor Timothy O’Brien welcomed Donovan to New Britain’s Pulaski Club, calling him “an advocate in the state legislature for working people.” O’Brien was joined by Secretary of the State Denise Merrill and state Comptroller Kevin Lembo, both of whom also endorsed Donovan’s candidacy.
Latest Posts - In the News
- There is a better way — we need tax fairness
- We must protect Medicare
- Donovan Pushes To Add Small Business To State Employee Plan
- Increase in minimum wage would aid recovery
- Donovan tries to bar negative ads in 5th CD primary
- Donovan gains Democrat nods for 5th Congressional District seat
- House Dems Want To Raise The Minimum Wage
- National Teacher’s Union Endorses Donovan at Platt High School
- Newtown DTC Endorses Donovan
- Dems Line Up In Support Of Health Care Reform Act
Chris on Social Media
Today in the district
- Get out and vote!
- The Connecticut AFL-CIO Endorses Donovan for Congress
- SEIU Endorses Donovan for Congress
- How we win, in pictures
- What others are saying…
- Chris Donovan Congratulates HealthyCT, the Connecticut State Medical Society and CSMS-IPA for Receiving Federal CO-OP Award
- I’m standing with Chris
- CCAG Endorses Murphy and Donovan
- Donovan Wins 5th CD Convention by Overwhelming Margin
- Connecticut State Police Union Endorses Donovan for Congress